Tiles are known to be the heart of an aesthetic house. Nowadays, people prefer furnishing their homes with beautiful tiles. With beauty, tiles are also durable and change the entire look of your interior. But sometimes, you might have noticed that a single cracked tile spoils the decorum of the whole elegance.
Most people go for a complete floor change when they see a single cracked tile on their ground. You don’t have to reinstall new tiles. You must learn “How to hide or repair cracked tiles?”. Hiding or repairing cracked tiles without replacing them can be a cost-effective solution to refresh the look of your tiled surface. This article is here for your redemption. This write-up will give you the most convenient and durable ways to fix cracked tiles. Here we go.
1- Painting The Cracked Tile
If you’re wondering about ” How to hide or repair cracked tiles?”; painting the cracked tile is known to be the best way to fix this problem. Here are the steps you should follow while handyman painting services your cracked tile.
- While painting the cracked tile, the most crucial thing is finding the same color of the paint as the color of the tile. So, you can say that the painting idea may not work for the textured tile.
- The second step in painting a cracked tile is hiring an expert from a paint store. You can also paint and cleaning the tile on your own. But an expert will give you the exact paint shade, or they will recommend you color the whole tile a new color.
- The last step is to apply the paint to the hairline cracks on the tile and see the difference if the painting method has worked for you or not.
SCHEDULE SERVICE FROM YOUR FAIRFAX LOCAL HANDYMAN & HOME IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST!
Explore our other Services Areas in Northern Virginia.
1. Handyman Drywall Repair and Finishing
2. Rot Wood Replacement and Repair
3. Tile Installation & Repairs
4. Handyman Pressure Cleaning Services
5. Door Installation & Repair
6. Handyman Painting Services
Related Article How To Calculate An Estimate For Handyman Services?
2- Fixing The Crack With Epoxy
Fixing the crack with the help of epoxy includes the following steps.
- The first thing you should do while fixing your crack is to purchase the 2-part epoxy kit. That’s because a 2-part epoxy kit is a high-quality epoxy that will fix all the gaps in tiles.
- The second step is to clean the cracked tile accurately. You can use a few drops of alcohol and a paper towel to remove all the debris from the tile. The cleaning of the tile is mandatory to ensure that epoxy is sticking to the tile itself.
- You’ll get two types of epoxy in the box. Mix both epoxy well on cardboard before applying it to the tile. A well-blended epoxy gives you the best results in fixing your tile cracks.
- In the next step, you have to spread the blended mixture of epoxy on the cracks of the tile. Here’s a tip for you; while applying epoxy on the trials of tiles, you should be aware that the epoxy will not spread on the uncracked areas of tiles.
- Let the epoxy dry for a few minutes, and then remove the excess dried epoxy from the tile. When the epoxy settles in the cracks, it’s time to paint the affected area.
- Paint the cracked area with the same color of tile so that the tile looks presentable and no one feels the difference between new and cracked tiles.
Related: Kitchen Remodeling Cost Fairfax
3- Replacing The Cracked Tile
Suppose you’re still strolling about “How to hide or repair cracked tiles?” after attempting all the feasible tricks to grasp the dilemma. The last method to deal with the cracked tiles is replacing the broken tile. Here are the steps that you should follow while installing a new tile.
- Break the tile for easy removal.
- Use a hammer to remove the broken tile from the ground.
- Make sure that no components of broken tile remain on the ground.
- Install the new tile on the floor.
Call Us Fairfax Jim The Handyman for Repairing Cracked Tiles
4-Tile Stickers and Decals:
Tile stickers and decals offer a convenient and stylish solution to conceal cracked tiles. These adhesive-backed coverings come in various designs, patterns, and sizes. Simply clean the cracked tile’s surface, apply the sticker or decal, and smooth out any air bubbles. Not only do they hide the cracks effectively, but they also add a decorative touch to your space. It’s a quick and cost-effective way to refresh the appearance of damaged tiles without the need for extensive repairs or replacement.
5- Placing the Decoration Piece:
If the cracked tile is in a non-high traffic area, consider placing an area rug or mat over it. This not only hides the crack but also adds a decorative touch to the space. Position furniture, potted plants, or decorative items strategically to cover the cracked tile if it’s in a less visible part of the room.
We hope you can now fix either small or larger cracks of the tiles. The methods mentioned earlier can be easy to implement, and you can choose whatever fits you the best. Have a happy tile repairing trial!
For more information Read our blog How to find Reliable Handyman.